Celebrity Cruises offers Concierge Class staterooms on its ships, which is one step above Veranda staterooms, which are the entry-level balcony cabins. There is no appreciable difference in cabin or balcony sizes.
Concierge Class is generally considered to be one step below AquaClass staterooms, which in turn, are a step below suites.
Concierge Class Benefits over Veranda Staterooms
There aren’t too many meaningful benefits that Concierge Class offers over Veranda staterooms, but there are a few minor ones.
Priority Boarding and Debarkation
Alongside suite and AquaClass guests, Concierge Class guests receive priority boarding and debarkation, both on embarkation day and throughout the cruise while in port.
Complimentary Food, Embarkation Day Lunch, and Priority Dining Time Selection
Concierge Class guests receive a small plate hors d’oeuvres/canapés delivered every afternoon. You can also receive complimentary sparkling wine upon request.
In addition, Concierge Class guests are invited to a semi-exclusive lunch in the Main Dining Room (MDR) on embarkation day, which means they can avoid the crowded buffet at the Oceanview Cafe.
Finally, Concierge Class guests receive priority when selecting dining times in both the MDR and specialty restaurants.
You can select among five different pillow types when staying in a Concierge Class cabin:
- Goose down pillow
- Body pillow (feather and down)
- Isotonic pillow (synthetic down)
- Conformance pillow (provides greater support)
- Hypoallergenic pillows (non-feather and non-down)
You can utilize “personalized” concierge services for things like on-board restaurant and spa reservations, shore excursion bookings, and ticket reservations for entertainment at ports/destinations.
You’ll have to book a suite in order to receive butler service.
Odds and Ends
There are also a handful of additional Concierge Class benefits that are so minor that they’re almost not worth mentioning.
You receive a complimentary Celebrity embossed key holder and a tote bag, versus the shopping bag that non-Suite (and non-AquaClass) guests receive. You can also utilize (but not keep) your in-cabin umbrella and binoculars while cruising…the binoculars cannot leave the ship.
Your bathroom will feature an upgraded Hansgrohe showerhead, which can offer a more rainfall-like showering experience. There is also an extra hairdryer in the bathroom, so two people can dry their hair at once.
And if you decide your shoes need shining, there is a complimentary shoeshine service.
Concierge Class Benefits Shared With Veranda Staterooms
Concierge Class also shares a couple of benefits with Veranda staterooms, aside from just the balcony/veranda, that are not offered to guests staying in Ocean View and Inside Staterooms.
Enhanced Room Service Breakfast Menu
You will have access to slightly-expanded breakfast options when using room service versus those traveling in cabins without balconies. This includes:
- More cooked-to-order egg options: e.g., omelette (but with a very limited selection of add-ins), fried eggs, poached eggs, and boiled eggs…alongside the scrambled eggs available to everyone
- More meat options: e.g., Canadian bacon, salami, Black Forest ham, and Danish ham…alongside the bacon, link sausage, breakfast ham, and corned beef hash available to everyone
- More fruit options: e.g., kiwi, pineapple, and grapefruit…alongside the honeydew, cantaloupe, and bananas available to everyone
- More cereal options: e.g., grits, oatmeal and granola berry parfait…alongside the standard cold cereal brands like Raisin Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Frosted Flakes, and Special K available to everyone
- More bread and bakery options: e.g., French bread, bran muffins, blueberry muffins, multi-grain toast, and onion bagels…alongside the danishes, plain bagel, whole wheat toast, rye toast, croissant, English muffin, and white toast available to everyone
- More juice options: e.g., V8 juice, grapefruit juice, tomato juice, and prune juice…alongside the orange juice, cranberry juice, and apple juice available to everyone
- Pancakes: buckwheat, blueberry, banana, and plain
- French toast
- Smoothies: strawberry, mixed fruit, blueberry-watermelon, and Omega 3
Ordering room service between 11pm and 6am still incurs a $4.95 charge, which is only waived for guests staying in suites.
Enhanced Bath Amenities
Both Veranda and Concierge Class guests receive upgraded soap, shampoo, and conditioner.
Your stateroom will have a slightly-nicer plush cotton bathrobe for your use while cruising versus the waffle bathrobe offered in Ocean View and Inside staterooms. Concierge Class and Veranda staterooms also receive 100% cotton bath towels.
You will have to book a suite or AquaClass to receive slippers, though.
So is Concierge Class worth it, especially over a Veranda stateroom?
Probably not, unless you really value priority boarding/debarkation and avoiding the buffet lunch on embarkation day.
If you’re looking for the best cabin to book on the Celebrity Summit, look no further.